cover

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Today we went to patchogue to sketch and see the pieces we have hanging for the show this weekend. We sketched in front of the library across from the patchogue theater. About an hour into it a man came up to me and asked, "are you an artist?". I replied humbly, "I'm trying to be. I'm not there yet but hopefully soon.". He seemed to like what i was drawing and asked a few more questions about where i went to school and such and then asked if I have a card. I took one out of my wallet and gave it to him and introduced myself as "Bill mueller" and shook his hand. "that's not what it says here!" he said loudly and pointed to my name "William" on my card. "oh, that's my real name, my friends call me Bill" I explained. "well I never heard of you", he said and put my card in his pocket grumpily and walked off. I told Joan and Gina that I need to get some business cards with 'Thomas Kinkade' on them for next time to give to people. They asked me what happened and I told them and we laughed and Joan said, "yet... He hasn't heard of you yet". And Gina said it's good he has my card, that's like a rookie baseball card, and will be worth a lot some day. Thanks, guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment